Ag is a fast, scriptable anagram generator that makes it easy to find
interesting anagrams. It's also free, open source and cross-platform.
- June 2016: Ag 1.2 has been released.
The changes are listed here.
Ag's key features:
- The desktop app runs on Windows (XP+), Mac OS X (10.6+) and Linux (GTK+ 2.x).
- A simple command-line version called agc is also included.
- Supports non-English languages (Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Spanish).
- New lexicons can be created from text files (must be UTF-8 encoded).
- Supports numeric lexicons (see Primes.lex).
- Scriptable using Lua.
Download a binary or source distribution:
Ag for Windows (XP+)
Ag for Mac (10.6+)
Ag for Linux
Ag's source code
Click to enlarge these screen shots:
Ag on Windows
Ag on Mac OS X
Ag on Linux